Thursday, February 17, 2011

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door Review

Paper Mario: TTYD (better known as Paper Mario 2) is an RPG game for the GameCube. Let's see how it is.

Presentation:
When you first start the game you know something good is coming. The controls are more than simple to learn. The cutscenes are also legendary too. Menu is also good too. Score is...90!

Sound:
Songs for almost every occasion. Some of the themes will get stuck in your head. You are sure to love about 99 percent of the music. Sounds are good too. It was good how they added voices to the characters instead of silent characters in the original Paper Mario. The music and sounds are basically flawless. Score is...100!

Graphics:
Almost perfect. It might be papery and all that. It might be me but some people complain about the 2D graphics. But what they're forgetting is that it's called "Paper Mario" not "3D Mario" I do think the graphics could have done a tiny bit more work though. The score has to be...95!

Gameplay:
A bit too good. If I could give it over 100 I would. But I guess 100 is the limit. When you first start the game you'll be in Rogueport. A weird town filled with thieves. Then you'll go to the desperately annoying but fun Great Tree and the funnest chapter in my opinion called "Of Glitz and Glory" also there is one chapter called "For Whom Pigs The Bell Tolls" or at least that is close to what is called. The battle system is perfect too. Score is...100!

Preservation:
I have not even completed the game yet. Why? Because they make you fight THREE extremely challenging bosses in a row. I don't want to ruin the game so that is all I'll say. I haven't reached the third boss who is the final boss yet. But I've seen the second one and finished the first one. I am not sure if there is replay value. So I'll leave that out. Maybe there is. Score is...100!

Overall:
The best GameCube game yet. One of the best Mario games. It's in the top 5 at least. The battle system was good. The music was outstanding and the overall is...97!