Friday, February 11, 2011

Animal Crossing: City Folk Review

This is a great game. Basically for two reasons. A. It's another Animal Crossing game. B. Wi-Fi with friends.

I have decided to do a more accurate reviewing system. I'm rating games on a score to 1 to 100 and I am dropping the technical stat. It will be included in presentation now. I will then take a look back at my scores and see the average score.

Presentation:
The menu is good. Maybe the part where Rover talks to you could do some work though. Nooks shop is really developed. Even the cranny which gives you a nice feel to beginning the game. I like both of the controls too. The score is...80!

Sound:
The music is nice and relaxed. I don't exactly like it but it fits at least. Everybody knows about the annoying villagers voices. Some high some low. I like how the music changes depending on time of day. Score is...60!

Graphics:
What I'd be expecting on the Wii. Sorta boring 3D. I'm not saying I don't like the graphics. Neither do I like them. The score has got to be 50.

Gameplay:
You shop, you get broke and you sell. It's life. Bad things happen, good things happen. Pluck weeds, plant trees, annoy villagers. So much fun! This is a 90!

Preservation:
Keep playing this. This is a game that never finishes. So you might get something like 99,9999 bells. But you aren't done yet. Villagers come, villagers go. The score is 95.

Overall:
I highly recommend it to casual gamers. Hardcore gamers might find it too relaxed. The average score is 75. One of the best Wii games to exist. Some life simulation games like Sims 3 top it off but this is much better for children.