Friday, July 8, 2011

PokePark Wii Review

Pokemon do battles, Pokemon do contests and Pokemon are pets. Now they do...Minigames!

Presentation:
There are 8 zones to explore. But I'm only going to talk about 5. There is the Meadow Zone, Lava Zone, Beach Zone, Iceberg Zone and Cavern Zone. And they are all fun to explore. But the amount of minigames (or "attractions", as the game calls them) will leave you wondering. This gets a 85.

Sound:
Pretty good tunes. But more of background music than a tune you'll hear though. The "attraction" themes are very nice too. I give this a 75.

Graphics:
You know what. These are excellent graphics. The landscapes, Pokemon and the attractions are beautiful. But if I gave these an 100 I'd feel like I'd be lying. So I give this a 90.

Gameplay:
The gameplay is varied. It's basic goal is that you have to save this stupid meadow because a asteroid is going to fall on it. Okay. Maybe that wasn't the story but is a good analogy. And why was a mouse chosen to save the world. I'd be expecting somebody like Sycther. Anyways I hate games that overuse motion controls. But this game UNDERUSES motion controls. There is only 1 motion control in this game. And that's shaking to do your iron tail. But the most important part is the fun factor. Yes It's funnest for kids who are under 13. But parents will enjoy it due to it's non-violent and cute atmosphere. But teenagers might not enjoy it due to it being too "kiddy". But I enjoyed it. So I give it a 70.

Preservation:
Yeah. I beat this game in about 5 or 4 hours without including breaks. Then you can make friends...if you really want to. The most lasting thing in the game are attractions. And they'll last you until you find a new game. I give this a 20.

Overall:
The main problem about this game is that older kids might not find appeal in it. But for younger kids it's a great game. So I'm judging this one my point of view. And it gets a 68 with the title of "OK".