Monday, July 11, 2011

Super Mario Galaxy Review

I reviewed Super Mario Galaxy 2! Now I'm reviewing the game before that!

Presentation:
There are a ton of galaxies to explore. And I mean a ton. And they were all very fun. Hard. But fun. I thought that the comets added some variety too. I give this an 100.

Sound:
A great soundtrack full of epic choruses, nostalgic themes and a whole bunch more. Sound effects are lovely too. I give this an 100.

Graphics:
Very good graphics. The galaxies are all very clean. These are probably the best Wii graphics ever. I really liked these. I give this an 100.

Gameplay:
I like the gameplay here much more than 64 and Sunshine (I'm probably never going to review those games, they're just too outdated). Because Super Mario Galaxy has more of a linear style than a sandbox style. I like the linear style because it's super easy to find out where you're going. Unlike the sandbox which is confusing and makes the game unfun to play. I give this an 100.

Preservation:
There is a story mode, and afterwards you can collect the rest of the stars. And something about that is very compelling. And after that you can play as Luigi, who is just like Mario but harder to control. So in the end I'm going to give this a 99

Overall:
In the end it was so close. I rounded it up. And guess what. It gets a perfect 100. Second time on Flagpole X history. This is the second best Mario game to date.