Thursday, April 14, 2011

Super Mario Bros. 3 Review

This is one of the best games ever. Actually, it isn't. Super Mario Bros. 3 IS the best game ever. Here's the review:

Presentation:
This is the first game to incorporate maps in the Mario series. I loved the maps. The first Mario game I played and liked was the original Super Mario Bros. I remember going to the mall one day and getting this system with all these great games. Then I think it stopped working. Luckily we had an old NES with the original Mario AND Mario 3. I liked Mario 1. But I got SO frustrated getting Game Overs and having to start the game over. But Super Mario Bros. 3 doesn't do that. If you lose, you start from the beginning of the world. They could even incorporate a very nice title screen. Controls were flawless too, I give this a score of 100.

Sound:
Some of the tracks were unforgettable. The athletic theme was definitely the best though. All the map tracks suited their world VERY well. The airship music has been remixed like, I don't know; maybe a kajazillion times and I love the music kajizillion times infinity. I will give this 99.

Graphics:
It was from the NES. Don't expect much. NOT! The graphics looked very nice for an NES game. Mario didn't look like 5 blocks on top of each other, he looked real. I would give this a lower score, but this was the best at it's time. I give this a 99.

Gameplay:
Nothing better. You run, jump and even fly. The raccoon suit was the best addition. They better use it in Mario 3DS. The Tanooki, Frog and Hammer suits were all awesome. All the worlds were challenging and fun. There's not much more to say but it's perfect. The score is 100.

Preservation:
With all the fun stuff in the game, you're going to want to play over and over again. If you have the GBA version you'll be playing even more since the levels are now replayable. I give this an 100.

Overall:
I cheated on this a little bit. I rounded up the score. But overall the game is a flawless masterpiece. You did it Nintendo, your game earned the first game on WADS to get a perfect 100. I recommend this to anybody who has a Wii, SNES, NES, GBA or whatever. If you don't have any of those, I would buy it just for the game.
Thank you for reading.