Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mario is Missing Review

I ordered this game to play it for a while. And boy did I play it for a while. I finished it in about 1 hour. What do I think about it? Let's see.

Presentation:
Not much. The story is that Bowser kidnaps Mario. And Luigi must go through the real world and save him. The menu screens are not so hot. I guess the controls worked pretty well. The box art was a little nice. I give it a 50.

Sound:
I never payed attention to the sound. But I remember some of the music sounding not so good. I'm playing on the NES version. But I've watched videos of the Koopalings on the DOS version. That's why I give this a 40.

Graphics:
I have to admit it. This game HAS one of the best graphics on the NES. But don't go buying this game yet. The treasures look very dull and unrealistic. I give it a 55.

Gameplay:
Hmmmmmm.....*zzzz* Oh! yeah! I was thinking how BORING the gameplay was. You play as Luigi and save Mario and collect treasures and kill Koopas. A newborn can kill the final boss and you'll even sometimes get Yoshi to help you out! Plus you don't need Yoshi at all if I recall. The gameplay is not the best I've seen. I give it a...40

Preservation:
You can probably beat the game in 30 minutes and never play it again. There are NO unlockables. 12 levels of boring-ness and nothing good. I give it a 30.

Overall:
Let's put it this way, the game isn't good. Even if you are a fan of geography, don't get this game. If you're looking for a good way to learn geography, go get a interactive globe or go to Wikipedia to learn. I give this game a 43.