Tuesday, June 7, 2011

E3 2011 Part 2: Nintendo

We ended E3 with Nintendo's press conference. And it was great. Here were the games I remembered:
Mario Kart 3DS
Luigi's Mansion 2
Kid Icarus Uprising
Super Mario 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Wii U (the new console!)
Super Smash Bros. 4 (or as I call it, Rumble!)
And many many more.

Now let's review!

Feel:
Look into Shigeru Miyamoto's eyes and you'll be happy. This gets an 100.

Showcase:
Not one Nintendo developed game looked bad. All the games actually looked great. There were also a lot of games. But the best one here goes to the amazing look and feel of Super Mario 3D. I love SMB3 and this game looks like a perfect tribute to it. Luigi's Mansion 2 was also nice too.
This gets a 99.

New Stuff:
For god's sake, Nintendo announced a new console. That's new. But the console didn't seem exciting unless you have to share a TV. It looked nice. But I'm probably getting something else next year, not the Wii U. This gets a 85.

Overall:
I loved this years conference. I think this was a great conference. Mainly due to the in depth looks of the new 3DS games. Not the Wii U. I give this conference a 94 with the title of "Awesome"