Monday, June 6, 2011

E3 2011 Part 1: Microsoft

Microsoft's press conference was a great way to start out every gamers favorite holiday, E3. It's just like the 12 days of Christmas...but with press conferences instead of days. I'm doing a overview of all press conferences expect EA.
Microsoft showed so many games. So I can't go over all of them. I'll name all I can remember.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (My dad likes the CoD series a lot. The graphics look nice)
Tomb Raider
Mass Effect 3
Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster
Kinect Fun Labs (Most innovative I've seen so far.)
Disneyland Adventures (Finally! A Disneyland game that isn't dark and depressing!)
Kinect Sports: Season 2
Dance Central 2

But the one that will make all the fans go crazy, was at the very end. Halo 4.

Now I'm going to rate the conference. But in terms of Feel, Showcase and New Stuff

Feel:
The conference was very nice. The star was Kinect. I'm probably going to get Kinect. All the people had good games, and the conference just had an amazing feel to it.
This gets a 95.

Showcase:
There were some good titles like CoD: MW3, Mass Effect 3 and Kinect Fun Labs. But there were some throwaways like Disneyland Adventures and Kinect Sports: Season 2. (Once Upon a Monster looks like a great game for little kids, so that isn't a throwaway)
This gets a 85.

New Stuff:
Nothing new exactly, A lot of the titles are sequels. Microsoft didn't exactly announce any new add ons. Maybe a Kinect 1.1 would be nice. I think it goes like this, first year announce Kinect and talk about how well it's going to do, second year talk about how well it's been doing, third year talk about how well it's been doing and announce Kinect 2, and do the same thing the next 3 years.
This gets a 50.

Overall:
The conference was good. But what I heard about last years conference, this one is a step up. And you should watch it due to it's good feel and amazing showcase.
Microsoft's conference gets a 76 with the title of "Good"