Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cooking Mama: World Kitchen Review

Let me say that Mama is very skilled. She cooks, she gardens, she crafts, she babysits and now she even CAMPS. What's next? Cleaning Mama? She seems to like doing it, so I would love her in my house.

Presentation:
The game is presented very nicely. It looks cute and fun. And they present you with a ton of recipes so I think it succeeds in this category. But I still feel there's something missing. I give this a 70.

Sound:
Not good. The music tracks feel all the same. Don't get me started on the voices, they are terrible. I give this a 20.

Graphics:
Are you kidding me. All the characters look all...bad and so does the food. They should have put more effort into it. Heck, Luigi's Mansion had better graphics than this. I give this a 35.

Gameplay:
This is basically a minigame collection and a very bad one at that. First of all, the controls don't work very well. There are a lot of recipes. But most of the steps for making the recipes are almost all the same, so you don't have that much of a different experience while making all the recipes. AND WHY THE HECK ARE MAMA'S EYES BURNING? First of all, this kid is like, 12 years old AND YOU EXPECT HIM TO PREPARE AN OCTOPUS WITHOUT HIM SCREWING UP? Yeah, Mama is evil. Another thing I didn't like was that when you were making...let's say a club sandwich and you got a mediocre score, it looked fine and I didn't like that. Overall I give the gameplay a 25.

Lasting Appeal:
Oh yeah, there's a ton of recipes, but as I stated above, they all feel the same. So you won't be getting much of a replay value from this game. There's also a cook with friends mode where you can cook for your friend and a mode where you can challenge a friend or computer player to a cooking battle. There's also a little minigame collection you can unlock. But all that stuff above that I mentioned before sort of sucks so I give this a 25.

Overall:
This has been one of my most critical reviews. Because I thought the game was very repetitive and the controls were bad too. So in the end the game gets. But before we tell you. We'd like to give you a word from our sponsors.

BUY GARDENING MAMA
Now Mama Can Garden! And You Can Help Her!
HOORAY!

I love irony.

Oh yeah, this game gets a 35.